News

Morocco well spud

21 August 2015

San Leon Energy, the AIM listed company focused on oil and gas exploration in Europe and North Africa, announces that the El Aaiun-4 well on the Tarfaya conventional licence, onshore Morocco, was spud today.

The well is being drilled with Entrepose Drilling's Cabot 750 rig and is expected to take approximately 30 days to reach total depth (TD) of around 2000 metres below rotary table. The reservoir target is Tertiary channel sandstones, and the surface location is approximately 14 Km from a gas market (El Marsa OCP phosphate processing plant, near Foum el-Oued).

San Leon is the operator of the Tarfaya licence and holds a 75% net operated interest. ONHYM, the Moroccan National Bureau of Petroleum and Mines, holds the remaining 25% interest.

Qualified person
Joel Price, who has reviewed this update, has more than 20 years' experience in the oil & gas industry and is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers. He holds a BA in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University, an MEng from Heriot-Watt University, and an MBA from Durham University. Joel is Chief Operating Officer for San Leon Energy and is based in San Leon's London office.

Enquiries:

San Leon Energy plc
Oisin Fanning, Executive Chairman
+353 1291 6292

Brandon Hill Capital
Oliver Stansfield
Jonathan Evans
+44 (0) 20 3463 5000

finnCap Ltd
Corporate Finance
Matt Goode
Christopher Raggett
Corporate Broking
Joanna Weaving
+44 (0) 20 7220 0500

Macquarie Capital (Europe) Limited
Jon Fitzpatrick
Nicholas Harland
+44 (0) 20 3037 2000

Westhouse Securities Ltd
Nominated Adviser
Richard Johnson
Antonio Bossi
+44 (0) 20 7601 6100

Vigo Communications
Financial Public Relations
Chris McMahon
Alexandra Roper
+44 (0) 20 7016 9572

Plunkett Public Relations
Sharon Plunkett
+353 (0) 1 280 7873

Share

  • Share
  • Email
  • Print
  • Twitter
  • linkedIn