Shareholder FAQs

  • Q: Why don't I receive a dividend?

    A: We are not yet a cash distribution business. San Leon Energy is in its growth stage of development. At this point, in common with boards of many young companies at a similar stage, the directors believe it is better and ultimately more profitable to retain money within the company for re-investment. We believe this provides a more efficient source of financing than borrowing or further diluting the share issue, and that this could significantly increase dividends available to shareholders in the future. When the Company is generating sufficient cashflow from production, the board will regularly review the possibility of establishing a dividend.

  • Q: Where are the shares traded?

    A: San Leon Energy plc is traded under symbol SLE on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) Alternative Investment Market (AIM), and trade in the form of American Depositary Receipts
    ("ADRs") on OTC Pink.

  • Q: What is a registrar?

    A: A registrar is a company that looks after the register of shareholders of public quoted companies. The service includes sending out company communications, and collecting and processing shareholder responses, and officiating at general meetings to ensure attendees are correct.

  • Q: Who is the registrar for San Leon Energy?

    A: Computershare Investor Services (Ireland) Limited, Heron House, Corrig Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18, Republic of Ireland.

  • Q: When is the AGM?

    A: The Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held at the Herbert Park Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, Ireland, on 20 September 2016.

    Please visit our Calendar for further information.

  • Q: What should I do with my share certificate?

    A:If you have a physical share certificate, you should keep this in a safe place. Note that if you send it to a broker to hold on your behalf, in a nominee account, you will hold your shares through electronic certification. Your broker will have more information about this. 

  • Q: What is the ShareGift scheme?

    A: This allows you give away your shares if you only hold a small number (which might be uneconomic to sell, after dealing charges). Visit or call 020 7930 3737 (if calling from within the UK).

  • Q: What are 'boiler room scams'?

    A: These are unregulated operations, usually based offshore, where the operators obtain personal details from public share registers then contact shareholders (usually by phone) to attempt to sell securities - frequently shares in start-up companies (which may or may not exist). The bottom line is that these operations are trying to get you to buy worthless pieces of paper. If you think you've been contacted by a boiler room, DO NOT invest with them. Instead, report them to the Financial Services Authority (FSA) if resident in the UK. For more information, visit: Non-UK residents should consult their own national regulator.

  • Q: How do I amend my personal shareholder details?

    A: Contact the registrar.

  • Q: What happens if a shareholder dies?

    A: Their estate is administered, and the registrar is advised of the new share owner (defined as a process of Probate).

  • Q: How do I register for electronic communications?

    A: Please email

  • Q: How do I stop getting unsolicited mail from San Leon Energy?

    A: Please email